Thursday, March 17, 2011

LONG Night

Last night was the 2nd club meeting and I was the only one that did not have the applique completed for month one... I was a little sad but in due time it will all be completed.

After the meeting, I met with Evelyn to show me how to applique.  It was great, I learnt so much, but I will see how much is retained when I start this big applique project...I have signed up for her class on April 4th so I will be doing this there with her supervision just in case I go really wrong.  This piece has to look perfect as it is the center of the quilt and I don't want to mess it up.

In the club we got our 2nd pattern - GUESS WHAT!!! this has applique as well - Orange Peels....  So from what Evelyn taught me yesterday, I have decided to get my templates and everything organized for this applique.. This might be my practice applique.

The pattern only calls for 2 blocks that are not applique so I will get those done and out of the way and then start on cutting the blocks for the Orange Peels (a little big and then I can down size).  We have to make 24 blocks of Orange Peels that is 96 Orange Peels that have to appliqued in ONE MONTH....I don't think that I will have this done for club but I will have a good start.

2 comments:

  1. No need to feel sad, there were others there that hadn't done the Medallion yet! Take your time and enjoy the applique process :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 4 orange peel blocks done 20 more to go and I have finished my sampler blocks so I don't have to worry about them any more. Just have to concentrate on the applique.....

    ReplyDelete